During President Donald Trump’s inauguration speech, he restated his promise to destroy the Islamic State. But what is the President’s strategy?
IS is a Sunni movement, predominantly located in Syria and Iraq, committed to re-establishing the caliphate and dominating the Islamic world. It has established an adjoining area of control stretching from Palmyra to Mosul. Its capital is Raqqa, Syria. IS maintains basic services, raises taxes, conducts kidnappings for ransom and conducts trade. If it succeeds in uniting the Islamic world under a caliphate, it could represent a global challenge. IS would have to defeat Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Israel if it were to succeed in expanding its caliphate. That is just not going to happen. Also continue to keep in mind that Iran, is Shia. And it is watching IS very closely.
Here is a brief update on IS activity:
●ISIS is responsible for the deaths of more than 1,000 people outside of Iraq and Syria. [The New York Times, July 16, 2016]
●In 2014, ISIS was operating in some seven nations. Today they are fully operational in 18 countries with aspiring branches in six more regions, for a total of 24 branches. [NBC News, Aug. 8, 2016]
●Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism, is now flush with $150 billion in cash released by the United States – plus another $400 million in ransom. [The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 3, 2016]. We will watch to see what Iran will do to IS in Syria.
Currently the President is looking to do the following, we should hear of more strategic details regarding a campaign against IS sometime in February:
●Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing, and cyber- warfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
●Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War.
●Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.
●Suspend, on a temporary basis, immigration from some of the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism.
We watch world events to help us maintain our sense of urgency and remind ourselves of the need to overcome, knowing that the return of Jesus Christ is soon. Revelation 16:15; “Look, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his clothes, so that he does not walk naked, and they see his shame.”—Steven LeBlanc
I subscribe to National Geographic Magazine. The reason I read National Geographic is because about 3 times a year they do an in-depth article on Europe, the Middle East or Asia. I do not subscribe to the magazine to see a confused boy (who thinks he is a girl) put on the cover. I am furious with the publisher of the magazine because of their blatant, sinful agenda! I do not condemn the nine-year-old boy on the cover who lacks parental leadership—and where is the father who should have been there to help his son out of this confusion? The obsession of many in our nation with a decadent, politically correct agenda is shameful. Here are more foolish specimens:
● Sex change operations are now called, “gender reassignment surgery”.
● Atheists are now to be called “brights”.
● Abortion advocates are called “pro-choice”.
● An increasing numbers of people refer to pedophiles as “minor attracted persons or (MAPs)”
● “Non-binary” describes people who see themselves as a gender other than traditionally male or female. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male or female. An agender, a person who identifies as not having a gender. Homosexuals are “gays”.
● “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants,” then “undocumented immigrants,” then “undocumented workers,”
● Calling someone your “Partner,” is a common expression meaning you are not married to the person, but supposedly defines a partnership relationship as equal; it doesn’t mark gender and doesn’t imply possession—How foolish! We are becoming a nation of “partners”—partnership is now replacing the commitment of Marriage.
● At a growing number of campuses, professors now attach “trigger warnings” to texts that may upset students, and there is a campaign to eradicate “micro-aggressions,” or small social slights that might cause “searing” trauma. According to a “Bias-Free Language Guide” used by the University of New Hampshire, the word “American” is “problematic” and therefore should not be used. “North Americans often use ‘American’ which usually, depending on the contexts, fails to recognize South America,” the guide explains.
● Current University of California President Janet Napolitano recently issued a list of micro-aggressions that all faculty should avoid using if they want to keep their jobs. This list of taboo micro-aggressions included many common questions and phrases seemingly devoid of any ill intent. One of the banned, supposedly offensive phrases is “America is a land of opportunity.” According to Napolitano and her politically correct cohorts, such a phrase is a form of coded, covert racism that creates a toxic campus culture.
● Morally Liberal, Economic Socialists, and Communists are now to be identified as a “Progressives”.
● According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, it is illegal for employers to discriminate against criminals because it has a “disproportionate” impact on minorities.
● Throughout several US councils and organizations, any terms using the word ‘man’ as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. ‘Manhole’ is now referred to as a ‘utility’ or ‘maintenance’ hole.
● Ghetto is now to be called “Economically disadvantaged area”.
● Gangs became “youth groups”.
God will soon punish us for our corruption: Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil—Isaiah 5:20. Misrepresenting something bad as something that is “good”—Rewording that hides evil or the embracing of “confusion” mocks our Holy Creator.—